Friday, October 24, 2008

Whew! What a week!

By the time Tuesday got here this week, it felt like it had been a month since the weekend! I had so many school/student issues this week it was insane! First of all, I had a student return to me after moving districts the second week of school. We are now about to begin the 10th week of school, so he missed a lot. In the time he has been gone he has been caught in the electrical closet, set a roll of TP on fire in the bathroom, stapled his hands together, and the list goes on! He has really bad OCD and we are having to be extremely patient with him. I feel really bad for him because he is a really sweet kid, that definitely has major issues. Needless to say, it has been a stressful week dealing with that alone!

I ended up having to write 3 office referrals this week, which is insane! I haven't written any all year, and now 2 in one week! One was because a student yelled the Lord's name in vain at some kids because he got frustrated. (poor baby...too bad he has been taught that is how to deal with it!) Then this other student was told to spit his gum out twice in 1st period, once in 2nd period and then he STILL had gum when he got to me in 4th period. That is defiance if I have ever seen it! Then today, a student was caught cheating on the spelling test. I felt really bad because he started crying. I hate when they cry...that is why I like middle school because they usually don't care if they get in trouble and they rarely cry. It was really sad, but what was I to do??

All of this madness was topped off by the decision I made to quit watching my most favorite show off all times, Grey's Anatomy. They had to go and put a "lesbian" relationship in there. WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DO THAT??? It makes me SO MAD! That is DISGUSTING! I just can't support it, so I gave it up. But it was hard!

Anyway, enough of my whining. It has been a rough week!

But...there is always a bright side...Kailey is getting so close to walking! She has been standing on her own all week, and today I got her to take a couple of extremely tiny baby steps until she got scared and sat down. I am so excited though, I bet it won't be long now! And her first Fall Festival is tommorow, where she will get to be a butterfly. How fun! Why can't all week be the weekend?? It makes me soo much happier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was kind of hoping you'd bring kailey's development to a grinding halt, until thanksgiving. she can learn to walk then. thanks.

there's a lesbian couple who has a kid in my class. it's a shame they're so much nicer than some of the Christian parents. you know, no custody battles or bitter divorces. no complaining that his clothes are dirty at the end of the day. always eager to volunteer when we need help at parties. a shame for Christians everywhere, that is.