Book One: Nobody's Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle

I have read Melanie's blog for several years. She is hilarious and so relateable and real! This is her third memoir, and her first about friendship. It was a fun read, but also inspirational as well. She had some great anecdotes about her friendships, that made me realize how much I treasure the friends that I have, and miss the ones that I have grown apart from. I would definitely recommend this book!
Book Two: Winter Storms by Elin Hilderbrand

This is the 3rd book in the "Winter Street" series. I have really enjoyed this series a lot! I accidentally read the 2nd book 1st (insert face palm emojii here) but it was still reallly great. I love Elin's style of writing: instead of chapters, she has each character tell the story from their point of view. Since I didn't blog about the first two books, and chances are you might not have read them, I will just give a basic synopsis of all 3. Basically these books are about a family that owns an inn on Nantucket Island. Kelly is the patriarch, who has one ex-wife (whom is the mother of 3 of his children, and a famous news anchor) and one current wife, Misti (whom is the mother of his youngest son). All 4 of the "kids" are grown, and experiencing their own dramas, from choosing a spouse, to facing jail time, to being MIA in Afghanistan, to becoming a father for the first time, unexpectedly. When I have picked each one up, I haven't been able to put them down. In fact, I read one of them in less than 24 hours. I definitely recommend this series...in fact, I'm about to start the 4th book right now! (*The first book does have 2 bad words...but the other two books don't..just as a warning!*)
Book Three: Capital Gaines: The Smart Things I've Learned By Doing Stupid Stuff by Chip Gaines

This book was a memoir by Chip Gaines. I read "The Magnolia Story" last year, and I enjoyed it a lot. I would say that I didn't enjoy Chip's book as much as the first one. Capital Gaines definitely had some bright points, and some entertaining anecdotes about Chip and JoJo...just not as many as I would have liked. It was an inspirational book however. The main premise was to keep chasing after your dreams, and that God has a purpose for each person on the earth to fulfill. One really interesting part was the chapter where he wrote about their decision to quit filming Fixer Upper, and it caused me to have even more respect for them than I already did. I would recommend reading it if you are a Chip and JoJo fan especially, but you might not enjoy it if you aren't. That is my two cents, for what it's worth!
My reading (and blogging) has slowed down, now that I have a job! But, I am hoping to still keep up with my 2 book per month goal!






No comments:
Post a Comment