Thursday, December 16, 2010

I got Scammed!

Many of you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy clothes for the girls on etsy. They have the CUTEST baby girl personalized items I have ever seen! My sister-in-law Kenya also does the same for her 2 boys, and recently she recommended another website to me with similar clothes.

Cotton Candy Shop
If you look at it, you will just fall in love with her clothes! They are SUPER DE DUPER expensive, though, so really, I was just admiring them from afar. Now, this girl, Lauren Bergmann,(owner of the shop) not only supposedly sells beautiful clothes, but one of her hottest selling items is her Photo Shoot Package. For the package you get a cute outfit, and a photo shoot with an all-star photographer, for the price of the outfit, plus you get a CD of all the pics. Well I was SO tempted to do this, and Kenya actually signed up to do one of these photo shoots in October.

In the meantime, I became a fan on facebook of Cotton Candy Shop, and started noticing that she did the "comment game" every few days. On the comment game, you could get her clothes for half price, which was the only way I would ever be able to afford them! On Halloween she had a comment game, and was selling Turkey shirts for Thanksgiving on which she made turkeys out of the first letter of the child's name. I was SO pumped. It "guaranteed it would be recieved in plenty of time for Thanksgiving" so I bought 2 of them. $40.00 all together. Well..the days went by and I never recieved the shirts. I soon began corresponding with Lauren attempting to get my items, and she began saying she was sick, etc. and would I mind changing them to Christmas shirts. I said, "sure no problem". Well, to this day I have still not recieved my items.

In the meantime, Kenya went to her photo shoot. On Tuesday Kenya texted me to ask if I ever recieved my shirts. I said "no". She then told me that the photographer for her shoot had emailed her and said she could not release the pictures from the shoot, because Lauren had not paid her!

To make a long story short, there are at least 30 other people who have ordered items from Lauren and not recieved them. We figure the way she operates is she drags you on past the 60 day mark, so that you can no longer get your money back from your bank or credit card. There are some women out over $200, dating all the way back to March! I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, because her clothes are soo sooo cute! However, as I have investigated over the past few days, I now realize that I have totally been scammed.

She is actually so low as to fake illnesses to cancel photo shoots, and never reschedules them, and pockets the money! The photographer she used for Kenya's shoot informed us that Lauren told her "if you do this shoot for free for the parents, then I will let you do my next 5 shoots!" Then, she cancels the 5 paying shoots to scam the photographer! She did this to multiple photographers!

Basically, STAY AWAY FROM COTTON CANDY SHOP IN MCKINNEY, TEXAS AND LAUREN BERGMANN!!

No comments: