Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rough Weekend

This has been a rough 4 days. Makenna started running fever during the night Wednesday night. Luckily, Casey is off on Thursdays, so he was able to stay home with her. The fever continued throughout the day, and even got up to 104.2 during the night on Thursday night! The only way she would sleep Thursday night, is if I held her, so I did! I stayed home with her on Friday, and even took a trip to the doctor. He looked at her ears, listened to her chest, etc. He said that since her fever was so high that he wanted to do a Urinalysis. When Kailey was about 5 months old, she had a UTI, so I had already thought this might be a possibility. He also decided to do a flu test to make sure that wasn't what was wrong. I waited about 30 minutes, and then he came back and said that the urine was clean and that he would call me back to let me know about the flu test. Makenna and I came home and the poor little thing was listless and barely moving. She then proceeded to throw up any time I gave her Tylenol or fed her. It was horrendous. Finally, I guess she decided to just quit eating all-together to avoid throwing up. When the doctor called me around 6:30 on Friday, he said the flu test came back negative, but that her urine showed some white blood cells, so to start her on some meds until the culture came back on Sunday. Well, the girl would NOT take the meds. She just kept spitting them out at me. Plus, she still would only eat about 2oz every 6-8 hours, which wasn't helping the situation any. Friday night was honestly, the most horrible night ever. She literally sat up screaming until 4:00 in the morning. Casey and I just traded off holding her as she screamed. She wouldn't eat anything, she just screamed. All day Saturday she was acting more normal, but still would not eat much. Saturday night she slept more normally. She woke up at 11 and 2 screaming, but Casey was able to get her back to sleep. By this time, I began feeling sick as well, so I was no help to him. At 5:30 when she woke up, I was able to get her to eat 2 oz. Sunday, this morning, she was doing ok. I felt incredibly nauseous. Luckily, my mom and sister were in town, so I was able to sleep, while they took care of the girls. This afternoon, I called to get her culture results, and found out she indeed does have a UTI. I am incredibly overwhelmed and upset, because I can't get her to take the meds or eat. Anytime I give them to her, she throws them up. I just really don't know what to do. I am so incredibly worried about her. I know God is taking care of us, because of everybody that is praying. Kailey heard me crying earlier and said "mommy. God has the whole world in his hands! He has the tiny little babies in his hands!". This was amazing to me, and definitely a word from the Lord. I know that even though this is a really hard situation, He is taking care of us. I just wanted to blog about this, to get it off my chest! I'll let you know how it all turns out, I am looking forward to the other side of this situation!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

praying for you guys.