Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where did the time go??

So I have really been realizing lately just how old Kailey has gotten. She turned 15 months last thursday, and that is just crazy to me. I mean I know that is still pretty young, but it just seems impossible that I could possibly have a child that old. The saddest realization was last week.

I have a confession to make. I completely switched Kailey from bottle to sippy cup around her one year birthday (Like you're supposed to do..)...with one exception. Her bottle at night. I just simply couldn't let it go. Notice I said "I". I just have always rocked her and fed her "baba" to her every night for over a year. I just didn't want it to be over. But, alas, last week I realized, "ok this is pathetic, you need to cut the cord". So I did. I figured it would be hard. Something she needed to let go of too. But it wasn't. In fact, she won't even allow me to rock her anymore! She just wants me to lay her in her bed and walk away! Then she just goes to sleep. On her own! I know this is a tremendous blessing. It is just hard to let go of my little baby girl!

But, I am so proud of her and thankful for such a well-adjusted child. I guess I am just not ready to be out of the baby phase yet! I guess we all know what that means...We'll see what God has in store!

I have one thing to do first, and that is lose some more weight. Casey and I are doing the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenge with our friends Matt and Erin, and so far Matt, Casey, and I have lost 72 pounds in 2 months! (Erin just now entered b/c she has been preggers with Parker). That's cool right? I think so. Now..only 35 to go (for me!).

No comments: